NIcht auf Lager
- Free shipping at €50
- Everything you need
- Exceptional service
- Número da encomenda: 15266
Palo santo means 'holy wood'; it is the Spanish name for Bursera graveolens. This tree inhabits the South American Gran Chaco region (northern Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia and the Brazilian Mato Grosso). Palo santo is used by medicine-men and shamans at ayahuasca ceremonies, rituals, healing and cleansing sessions. It has a surprisingly strong and sweet smell when burned, which is why palo santo is used as incense.
Palo santo is burnt and the smoke is spread to cleanse and purify the environment from evil spirits, negative energies and other bad forces. This wood has a very pleasant and comforting scent which is not comparable with any other fragrance.
This Palo Santo is made in Peru, from naturally fallen trees. It's available in wood (cut or powdered) or resin form.
How to use Palo Santo incense
You can roll Palo Santo powder incense into cones using water and Makko, or burn it with charcoal. To burn Palo Santo incense, you need a heat-proof bowl (some people put sand in it to absorb the heat), a lighter or match, tongs and a charcoal briquet.
- Ignite the charcoal briquet with the lighter or match. It's important to hold the briquet with a tool (like tongs or pliers) and not with your fingers unless you want to be in tremendous pain.
- Put the briquet in the bowl, and wait until it turns white around the edges (this takes a couple of minutes).
- Carefully put a little bit of wood, powder or resin on top of the briquet.
- Now sit and wait for your pure aromatic bliss.
Only use Palo Santo as incense. This product is not meant for consumption.